Congregation Yad Shalom, located in Centreville, provides a variety of programs in a traditional format with a modern flair:
* Join the congregation for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Taschlich services to welcome the new year. Check the Web site for dates and times.
* Ask about the K – 2 Hebrew school for the children for the upcoming year.
For more information and/or directions, contact the Congregation at 703-579-6079, or visit www.yadshalom.com.
Liberty Middle School in Clifton will serve as the new temporary worship location for the congregation of Mount Olive Baptist Church while their new facility is built on the church’s current Centreville site.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation offers the Northern Virginia Jewish community services that provide numerous spiritual, educational, support and social opportunities including religious school for member children age 3 through Bar/Bat Mitzvah and confirmation. The congregation welcomes all members of the community to attend any of our services or events. For more information, a newsletter, or a membership package, call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
Lord of Life Lutheran Church’s second location, 13421 Twin Lakes Dr., Clifton, is now open. Everyone is invited to worship services at 10 a.m. on Sunday. Call the church office at 703-323-9500 or go to www.lordoflifelutheran.com.
Shalom Jewish Children is a fun, hands-on Jewish educational program for young children based on experiential learning. Each session is about Jewish holidays, values and celebrations. Meets in Centreville at the Rocky Run Recreation Center. Contact Gloria Pioso at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-579-6079.
Recovery and Support Care Groups at New Life: Passion for Community in cooperation with New Life Christian Church has an ongoing recovery and support groups for people suffering with various addictions, destructive and dysfunctional behaviors, or who just need some support. These groups are a safe place to receive support and healing. Contact Lucy Martinez at 703-222-8836.
* Recovery Connection (12-step group), Sundays at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High in Chantilly;
* Food Freedom (a women's group; 12-step group), Sunday's at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High in Chantilly;
* Single Mom's support Group, Saturday's at 9:30 a.m. in Centreville (call for location);
* Authentic Masculinity Men's Group, Thursday's at 7:30 p.m. in Chantilly (call for location).
Pleasant Valley United Methodist Church has regular services on Sunday at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. All are welcome. Located at 43987 John Mosby Highway, Chantilly. Call 703-327-4461 and Web site is www.pleasantvalleyumc.net. Call 703-266-2424.
Centreville United Methodist Church offers four worship services in the morning — 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 11:02 a.m. The new Connections Contemporary Worship Service is held in the ROC (Recreation and Outreach Center) each Sunday. Sunday School is offered at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. and a nursery is available for all services. Centreville United Methodist church is located at the intersection of New Braddock Road and Old Centreville Road. Call 703-830-2684.
The Fairfax Chinese Christian Church is a developing community church that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church, 5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville. The church is located in the heart of Centreville's historic district and is accessible from Braddock Road at the junction of Route 28 (Lee Hwy.), Route 29 and I-66. Members speak Mandarin, Taiwanese, Cantonese, and some other Chinese dialects in the church. Sunday worship service is held at 10 a.m., both in Mandarin and English, and a lunch fellowship will follow after Sunday school. Call 703-395-0017 or email at email@example.com.
Christ the Redeemer Episcopal Church holds a contemporary worship service on Sunday mornings at 10:15 a.m. at Centreville Elementary School in Centreville. Sunday school and a nursery are provided on Sundays. Visit www.ctrchurch.org or call 703-502-1732.
Centreville Presbyterian Church:
* Women's Bible Study meets every Wednesday morning from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Studies include: Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby and the Alpha Course taught by Pastor Neil Craigan. Childcare is provided.
* Planet Adventure meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday evenings for 4th and 5th graders from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The evening is full of adventure playing games, having snacks and learning about God. Contact Clare Maynard, director of Children's Ministries.
* Chancel Choir — Consider being a part of the Centreville Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir. It practices weekly on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Also performs at the 11 a.m. Sunday service. Contact Chancel Choir Director, Denise Freeland.
St. Raphael Orthodox Church, formally the Antiochian Orthodox Mission of Northern Virginia, meets each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for Divine Liturgy at the Compton Village Community Center, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. Visit www.straphaelva.org contact Father Tom Palke via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 703-303-3047.
New Life Christian Church offers a Divorce Care Group, which will meet on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High School (child care provided). Divorce Care is a video-based seminar group for people who are experiencing difficulty with their separation or divorce. Contact Ron Furgerson at 703-860-3324 or 703-963-1314.
Cedar Run Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church. It meets for Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. at Waples Mill Elementary off Waples Mill Road in the Fair Oaks area. There's a Promiseland Children's Ministry for newborns through sixth-graders, as well as a safe place for teens at the student ministry meeting during the Sunday service. Call 703-968-7312 or visit www.cedarrun.net.
New Hope Fellowship currently meets at 10:50 a.m. at the Greenbriar Community Center each Sunday. The center is located at 4615 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly. Call 703-591-2948.
Community Care Groups at New Life Christian Church.
The following are support groups that meet at Westfield High School on Sunday mornings or as indicated. Contact Community Care Minister Ron Furgerson at 703-266-0118 or email@example.com.
* Food Freedom — A Celebrate Recovery Support Group. This group uses a proven Biblical approach to promote healing from compulsive eating problems. The group meets at Westfield High School at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. Child Care is provided.
* Help for Hurts, Habits, and Hang-Ups — A Celebrate Recovery Group. This group uses the 12-step approach coupled with the teachings of Jesus to help overcome or cope with all types of addictions, compulsions and life problems. The group meets at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
* Healthy Boundaries — Getting Control of Your Life. The group helps the over-stressed, over-worked and over-committed to gain control of their lives through developing healthy, balanced relationships. The group meets at 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at 13777 Laurel Rock Drive, Clifton.
New Life Christian Church is forming a new Grief Share Group for persons who are experiencing the hurt associated with loss of a loved one. Contact Leslie Delp at 703-815-6274.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meets at Centreville Baptist Church on alternate Friday mornings. Think spaghetti is a finger food? Write the grocery list in crayon? Join other moms for encouragement and support. Contact Centreville Baptist Church at 703-830-3333 or visit www.cbcva.org
Northern Virginia Orthodox Mission meets each Sunday for Divine Liturgy at 9 a.m. at Compton Village, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. All services are in English. All are welcome. Go to www.nvorthodox.org or call Tammy at 703-426-8719.
YAWEH (You Are Welcome Here) will be held on the first Sunday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for a Christian discussion group reinforcing God's love for the GLBTQ community — and the people who love them. The discussion is led by Pastor Sandi John and Minister of Music Dean Jenkins. The gathering is an informal time of worship, instruction and fellowship. Call the church office at 703-471-5225, e-mail Pastor@WashingtonPlazaChurch.com and/or see the Web site at www.WashingtonPlazaChurch.com for directions. The church is located at 1615 Washington Plaza, Reston.
Shepherd Gate Church offers two services: 9 and 10:45 a.m. The church is located at 4310 Pleasant Valley Road, Chantilly. Visit www.shepherdgate.org or call 703-961-1040.
Unity Life Center of Chantilly holds Sunday services and youth education at 10 a.m. with the Revs. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster and Don Foster. The church is located at 14088-C Sullyfield Circle, Chantilly. Call 703-263-7645 or visit www.unitylife.org.
St. John's Episcopal Church offers the following: Sunday Eucharist services at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. A nursery for children up to age 3 is available. Opportunities for adult, youth and child enrichment are offered. On Wednesdays, a Eucharist and Healing Service is held at 9:15 a.m. Call 703-803-7500 or visit www.stjohnscentreville.org, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The church is located at 5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville.
Centreville Assembly of God holds services on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. and at 10:30 a.m. Morin service at 14281 Lee Highway in Centreville. The church also provides transportation for its services. Call 703-307-6179.
Centreville UMC offers a ministry to single adults aged 40 and better. Koinonia Singles sponsors monthly activities such as hikes, concerts, picnics, and other opportunities for fun, building friendships, and growing closer to God. Contact the church office at 703-830-2684.