Alonso Abugattas telling stories around the campfire.
Arlington Families are invited to the Gulf Branch fire ring or Long Branch Amphitheater for old-fashioned fun — including s'mores. Children must come with a registered adult. A $5 fee is due upon registration. $20 maximum per family. Register online http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/ParksRecreation/ParksRecreationMain.aspx" using the #number from the program below.
Gulf Branch Nature Center Campfires
3608 Military Road, Arlington; 703-228-3430.
- Pocketful of 'Possums Campfire; Saturday, July 7, 7:30 - 8:30 .pm. Program #642852-C
- Slitherin' Snakes Campfire; Saturday, July 21, 7 – 8 p.m. Program #642852-D
- Marvelous Moths Campfire; Saturday, Aug. 4, 7 – 8 p.m. Program #642852-E
- Masked Bandits Campfire; Friday, Aug. 31, 7 – 8 p.m. Program #642852-F.
Long Branch Nature Center Campfires
625 S. Carlin Springs Rd., Arlington; 703-228-6535.
- Bats About Campfire; Saturday, June 30, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. Program #642952-C
- Bone Tales Campfire; Saturday, July 28, 7 - 8:15 p.m. Program #642952-D
- Insect Orchestra Campfire; Friday, Aug. 10, 7 - 8:15 p.m. Program #642952-E
- Spider Campfire; Saturday, Aug. 25, 7 - 8:15 p.m. Program #642952-F.
Both Long Branch and Gulf Branch Nature Centers will be open noon to 5 p.m. on weekends starting July 1. Weekdays the centers are open Tuesday to Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.