Sitting outside the train tracks in the Town of Clifton stands the very popular red caboose. The Town of Clifton dedicated the Caboose Plaza to Mayor James C. Chesley, who was mayor from 1992 to 2006.
Photo by Khuyen Dinh/The Connection
Devereux Station was constructed in 1863 on the Orange and Alexandria Railroad during the Civil War. The station played a key role in the development of Clifton as a town and the station was renamed Clifton Station. The Station was removed in 1958, yet the train tracks and caboose remain in the town that continues to grow since the building of the station.