FCPS has distributed more than 3.1 million grab and go meals since schools closed in March.
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Office of Food and Nutrition Services is offering healthy meals at locations throughout Fairfax County this school year.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced that FCPS and other school districts can continue serving free meals to all children through Dec. 31.
FCPS has distributed more than 3.1 million grab and go meals since schools closed in March. The goal is to provide every FCPS student daily access to a nutritious breakfast and lunch.
The same meals will be available at no separate charge to all participants at each site. The goal is to provide every student in FCPS daily access to healthy meals during this pandemic.
Buses are delivering grab and go meals throughout the county. Several new bus routes have been added and some bus stop locations have changed. Any changes to bus routes are posted on the website by 5 p.m. each day. Meals on buses will be distributed Monday through Friday beginning at 6:30 a.m. Information about bus routes for food distribution is available online.
If there are bus delays while distributing grab and go meals, the information will be posted on the FCPS Bus Delay website. FCPS will also send a message to the affected school communities if a bus route is delayed.
Grab and go service hours at school sites have been extended to 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) with both breakfast and lunch being served at the same time.
Breakfast and lunch meals for Saturdays and Sundays are now being distributed at all sites and bus routes each Friday.
Meals are prepared fresh daily with high quality ingredients by a team of trained food service professionals. Grab and go meals are tasty, well-balanced, and contain protein, whole grains, fruits and/or vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk. The meals are planned by registered dietitian nutritionists.
- FCPS sites, locations, bus routes, and curbside service are available Monday-Friday only.
- Meals will be served at some school sites and on bus routes throughout the county. Read Sept. 15 Update on Grab and Go Meals
- Breakfast and lunch will be available to pick up at the same time.
- Meals for Saturdays and Sundays will be distributed at all sites and on bus routes every Friday.
- Afternoon snacks and supper meals will be distributed at certain sites (new as of 9/28/20)
- Fairfax Meal Kits are available at certain sites.
Through Dec. 31, 2020 the grab and go meals will be provided at no cost for students at several sites throughout the county. FCPS students are welcome to come to any of the sites to pick up meals during these time periods.
All FCPS students (regardless of age) are eligible for free grab and go meals, as well as other county children that are eighteen (18) years and under. Adults picking up meals for children should let staff know how many children's meals they need. Adults may pay $2 for the meals as well.
As a reminder, it is important to follow social distancing guidelines. Be sure to stand a minimum of 6 feet apart from others and practice regular hand washing, including prior to leaving a residence to pick-up meals, upon returning home, and before consuming food.
School Buses Deliver Meals
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) buses are delivering grab and go meals along some bus routes. School buses will stop at designated intersections to deliver these meals.
All FCPS students (regardless of age) are eligible for free grab and go breakfast and lunch, as well as other county children, under the age of 18. Adults picking up meals for children should let staff know how many children meals they need. Adults may pay $2 for the meals as well.
The service will be available Monday - Friday only. New for this fall: meals for Saturdays and Sundays will be distributed at all sites and on all bus routes each Friday.
See https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/food/bus for routes and more information.
Grab & Go with Curbside Service
Meals are available for pick up between 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Beginning Sept. 28, certain sites (marked below) will be providing afternoon snacks and supper meals at the same time as the breakfast and lunch distribution.
Curbside meal pick-up stations are generally located in the bus lanes at the schools or in the kiss and ride area. Look for the canopy tent along with Food and Nutrition Services staff, who will deliver meals directly to vehicles.
Walk-ups are still welcome at all sites. Walkers are asked to use school sidewalks to safely navigate their walk to the pick-up stations.
See https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/food for locations and more information.
- Annandale Terrace ES, 7604 Herald St., Annandale
- Bailey's Primary ES, 6111 Knollwood Dr., Falls Church • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Braddock ES, 7825 Heritage Dr., Annandale • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Bren Mar Park ES, 6344 Beryl Rd., Alexandria
- Brookfield ES, 4200 Lees Corner Rd, Chantilly • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Bucknell ES, 6925 University Dr., Alexandria
- Burke School, 9645 Burke Lake Rd., Burke • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Cameron ES, 3434 Campbell Drive, Alexandria
- Centre Ridge ES, 14400 New Braddock Rd., Centreville • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Coates ES, 2480 River Burch Road, Herndon
- Crestwood ES, 6010 Hanover Ave., Springfield • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Cunningham Park ES, 1001 Park Street, Vienna
- Daniels Run ES, 3705 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax
- Dogwood ES, 12300 Glade Dr., Reston • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Edison HS, 5801 Franconia Rd, Alexandria
- Falls Church HS, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church
- Forest Edge ES, 1501 Becontree Ln, Reston
- Fort Belvoir Upper ES, 5980 Meeres Rd., Fort Belvoir • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Garfield ES, 7101 Old Keene Mill Rd., Springfield
- Glen Forest ES, 5829 Glen Forest Dr., Falls Church
- Graham Road Community Center, 3036 Graham Rd., Falls Church • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Herndon ES, 630 Dranesville Rd., Herndon
- Hollin Meadows ES, 2310 Nordok Place, Alexandria
- Hunters Woods ES, 2401 Colts Neck Road, Reston
- Hutchison ES, 13209 Parcher Ave., Herndon • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Hybla Valley ES, 3415 Lockheed Blvd., Alexandria • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Irving MS, 8100 Old Keene Mill Rd., Springfield
- London Towne ES, 6100 Stone Rd., Centreville • Afternoon snack and supper meals available
- Lorton Station ES, 9298 Lewis Chapel Rd, Lorton
- Luther Jackson MS, 3020 Gallows Rd, Falls Church
- Lynbrook ES, 5801 Backlick Rd, Springfield
- Mason Crest ES, 3705 Crest Dr, Annandale
- Mosby Woods ES, 9819 Five Oaks Rd, Fairfax
- Mount Eagle ES, 6116 N. Kings Hwy, Alexandria
- Mount Vernon Woods ES, 4015 Fielding St., Alexandria
- North Springfield ES, 7602 Heming Ct, North Springfield
- Oak View Elementary, 5004 Sideburn Road, Fairfax
- Parklawn ES, 4116 Braddock Road, Alexandria
- Pine Spring ES, 7607 Willow Ln., Falls Church
- Providence ES, 3616 Jermantown Rd., Fairfax
- South County HS, 8700 Laurel Crest Drive, Lorton
- South Lakes HS, 11400 South Lakes Dr, Reston
- Westgate Elementary, 7500 Magarity Road, Falls Church
- Weyanoke ES, 6520 Braddock Rd., Alexandria
- White Oaks ES, 6130 Shiplett Blvd, Burke
Fairfax Meal Kits
Fairfax Meal Kits will be offered at several sites, containing seven (7) days of breakfast and lunch items packed in bulk. Meal kits will be available for pick up from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or until supplies are exhausted. All meals are available at no-cost to FCPS students and children eighteen (18) years of age and under. Parents/caregivers may pick up for children and adults may purchase kits for $28.00.
Key MS - every Monday, 6402 Franconia Rd, Springfield
Timberlane ES - every Wednesday (beginning September 30), 2737 West St, Falls Church