“In our past lies the hope for our future,” reads the small lettering at the bottom of the Town of Herndon seal. The settlement was named Herndon in 1878 and incorporated in 1879. The 4.2-square-mile town is structured under the Council/Manager form of government. The Council is made up of a Mayor and six Council members elected simultaneously for two-year terms.
Photo by Mercia Hobson.