A 2-year-old boy died after being struck by a vehicle in the driveway of his home. Officers responded Monday, June 7, at 6:43 p.m. to a home in the 10900 block of Roma Street and located the boy suffering from serious injuries; he was pronounced deceased by rescue personnel. Detectives determined that the boy’s father, Byrol Jose Zapata Lopez, 30, of Fairfax, was backing his 2005 Ford F350 out of the driveway when he discovered his son was struck by the truck.
Detectives from Crash Reconstruction Unit continue to investigate the circumstances that led to the crash, but do not suspect foul play. Alcohol was not a factor.
Anyone with information about this crash is asked to contact Crash Reconstruction Unit at 703-280-0543. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crime Solvers by phone – 1-866-411-TIPS (866-411-8477), by text – Type “FCCS” plus tip to 847411, and by web – Click HERE. Download our Mobile tip411 App “Fairfax Co Crime Solvers”. Anonymous tipsters are eligible for cash rewards of $100 to $1,000 dollars if their information leads to an arrest.n
More like this story
- Fatal Crashes in Lorton and Clifton
- Springfield, Lorton Crime and Public Safety Roundups
- Detectives Determine Make, Model, Year from Recent Hit and Run Fatal Crash in Great Falls
- Detectives Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Dies in Great Falls Hit and Run Crash
- Fatal Pedestrian Crash in Springfield Investigated