WHEN: 10 days and 2 weekends, January 21-30, 2022
WHERE: Neighborhoods throughout Alexandria, Virginia, including
Old Town, Del Ray, Carlyle and Eisenhower, and the West End
HOW: $35 prix fixe dinner for one or two people, available in-person or in-person and to-go
Restaurant Week Is Back
For 10 days and two weekends, nearly 70 restaurants in Alexandria, Va. will offer a $35 prix fixe dinner for one or two people during Alexandria Restaurant Week, Jan. 21 to 30, 2022. Special menus are available in-person at all participating restaurants, many with heated outdoor dining available. Fifty restaurants will also offer to-go options in addition to in-person meals. The online menu book makes it easy to browse delicious selections from dozens of Alexandria eateries and enjoy special menus at some of Alexandria’s winterized dining destinations or from the comfort of your own home.
New Alexandria Restaurant Week participants include BARCA Pier and Wine Bar, a new riverside eatery which opened in spring 2021 in Old Town featuring Mediterranean tapas, vibrant cocktails and vino galore; Thai Signature, located on King Street and offering dishes inspired by street food in Thailand; The Rub Chicken & Beer, a restaurant pop-up within Hen Quarter in Old Town, specializing in spicy sandwiches and heat-quenching beer; and St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub - Old Town North, the Del Ray community hub’s newly opened sister shop featuring an industrial-chic layout, lattes and bites in Old Town North. More than 50 restaurants will offer meals both in-person and to-go, including Barkhaus, Del Ray Café, Dishes of India, Rocklands Barbeque and Tempo Restaurant. Others offering in-person dining only include 219 Restaurant, Brabo Brasserie, Elo’s Italian and Michael’s Little Italy.
Alexandria Restaurant Week showcases the inventiveness of local chefs in neighborhoods throughout the city, including Old Town, Del Ray, Carlyle and Eisenhower, and the West End. Guests will savor the flavors of Alexandria’s distinctive collection of eateries, from casual neighborhood favorites to elevated date night destinations and beyond.
Alexandria Restaurant Week Menu Highlights:
* First-time participant BARCA Pier and Wine Bar offers heated outdoor riverside seating plus to-go options for their special menu that includes roasted tiger prawns, crispy pork belly and brioche bread pudding.
* Barkhaus invites four-legged friends to frolic around the indoor and outdoor off-leash dog park, while owners snack on stuffed dates or fried Brussels sprouts, followed by your choice of flatbread.
* Bring date night to Brabo Brasserie for a two-course meal with enticing, French-infused options such as smoked salmon rillettes and moules-frîtes.
* Save room for dessert when you dine in or carry out from Del Ray Café, with sweet third-course treats ranging from Belgian chocolate mousse to beignets with crème anglaise to chouquettes served with dipping sauces.
* Warm up on the heated patio at Elo’s Italian in Del Ray, with three courses rich in Italian specialties such as garlic focaccia bread, lasagna Bolognese and Limoncello bars.
* Dig into a mouthwatering medley of meats from Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company, plus your choice of sides including Texas corn pudding, barbequed baked beans and minted cucumber salad.
* Head to Tempo Restaurant in the West End for New England clam chowder, a decadent gnocchi entrée and extensive dessert options.