Inova Blood Services made an urgent request for blood type B on its Facebook page last week. Inova Newsroom said on Oct. 4, “Blood supply has reached critically low levels, and we need type O+ blood donors immediately. We need all blood types, but Type O is the most urgent need at this time and will help the most patients. Currently, we have less than a one-day supply of Type O blood.”
The McLean Volunteer Fire Department is partnering with Inova Blood Donor Services to host a blood drive on Friday, Oct. 20, 1-5:30 p.m. The department asks community members to consider signing up to help others by donating to these life-saving supplies of blood. Use this link, https://bit.ly/McLeanVFD1020, to book your appointment at the McLean Volunteer Fire Department located at 1455 Laughlin Avenue, McLean.
Inova Blood Donor Services is a major supplier of blood in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. It supplies blood, blood components, and/or testing to 18 local hospitals and medical centers. It participates in the American Association of Blood Banks’ National Blood Exchange, a program that redistributes needed blood nationally and internationally.
To thank all donors participating in the blood drive at the McLean Volunteer Fire Department, as well as those at other upcoming INOVA drives, donors will receive a Halloween shirt while supplies last.
Check out other nearby opportunities to donate blood from Friday, Oct. 20, through Wednesday, Oct. 25.
* Herndon: Saturday, Oct. 21, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wiygul Automotive – Herndon Blood Drive. The Inova Blood Donor Services Bloodmobile will be in Herndon at 630 Grant Street on Oct. 21. The bloodmobile will be parked in the parking lot. To book your appointment, visit https://bit.ly/WiygulAuto1021 or call 1(866) 256-6372 and use Sponsor Code 8117. Contact Dave Krukowski (703) 751-6766 – email@example.com
* Vienna: Saturday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 2351 Hunter Mill Road in Vienna. The bloodmobile will be in the church’s parking lot. All members and neighbors are invited. Donors will receive a Halloween t-shirt as a thank you for donating. To book your appointment, visit https://bit.ly/GSUMC1021 or call 1(866) 256-6372 and use Sponsor Code 8391. Contact: Joyce Lynn 703-281-3987 – firstname.lastname@example.org
* McLean: Sunday, Oct. 22, 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Lewinsville Presbyterian Church, 1724 Chain Bridge Road in McLean. To book your appointment, visit https://bit.ly/LPC1022 or call 1(866) 256-6372 and use Sponsor Code 0646. Contact Deirdre Ramsey at (703) 593-5806 or email@example.com.
* Fairfax: Sunday, Oct. 22, 8:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at Saint Mary of Sorrows, 5222 Sideburn Road in Fairfax. To book your appointment: Visit: https://bit.ly/SMOS1022 or call 1(866) 256-6372 and use Sponsor Code 0119. Contact Gordon Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other times and locations can be found at https://www.inovablood.org/events/month/.