September 18, 2012
Will Lange of Lawrence Doll Homes comes to tell Elma Makin and the other spectators that the move is about to begin.
Stories this photo appears in:
No one seems to know exactly when the old white farmhouse at 820 Monroe Street in Herndon was built, or who the first owners might have been, although it’s rumored that it was originally built as a summer home for a DC resident. Ninety-three-year-old Carl Payne is the last private owner. He bought the place from the Yount family, who had owned it, and about 50 acres of present day Herndon, since 1861.