June 3, 2015
A contemporary interpretation of the Grand Arch constructed in Alexandria on Washington Street, between King and Cameron Streets. This illustration by J. Stetson and R. Reeder is based on the Alexandria Gazette article of Oct. 19, 1824. Visit the Alexandria Archaeology Museum on the 3rd floor of the Torpedo Factory Arts Center to learn more about Lafayette’s important visit to Alexandria in 1824.
Stories this photo appears in:
Alexandria will soon welcome the French tall ship L’Hermione to its shore.