August 22, 2016
A two-bay cinder block fire station was built in 1923 facing Chain Bridge Road.
Stories this photo appears in:
A village that became known as McLean is simply a community that sporadically developed around a trolley stop. It can trace its beginning to 1902 when John R. McLean and Senator Stephen Elkins of West Virginia obtained a charter to operate an electrified railroad, that was named the Great Falls & Old Dominion Railroad.