August 27, 2018
Historic Saint Mary of Sorrows Church at the corner of Fairfax Station and Ox roads was built in 1858 and served Irish immigrants who worked for the Orange and Alexandria Railroad. It also was a field hospital for Union soldiers during the Civil War.
Stories this photo appears in:
A welcoming place for weary souls and rescued animals.