Monday's presentation on next year's budget will be broadcast on Fairfax County Cable Channel 16 at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 2, and repeated every Sunday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. through March.
Copies of the proposed budget are available on compact disc or in print by calling the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187.
The budget is available on-line at www.fairfaxcounty.gov.
Public hearings on the FY 2003 Fiscal Plan are scheduled at 7:30 p.m. on April 8, 9, and 10, with the April 9 hearing dedicated to a presentation from the Fairfax County Public School Board.
Citizens who want to speak at the public hearings can be placed on the speakers list by calling 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903.
Work sessions open to the public will be held by the budget subcommittee of the Board of Supervisors. Topics by date are:
* March 11, 9:30 a.m. Review of the Fairfax County Public Schools Budget, state funding issues, and consideration items: the Hazardous Materials and Criminal Intelligence Units.
* March 25, 9:30 a.m. Report from the Human Services Council, and the five-year Capital Improvement Program through future years to 2012. Also, proposals for adjustments or reductions to the County Executive’s recommended budget.
* April 8, 9, 10, Public Hearings; call 703-324-3151 to testify.
* April 19, 3 p.m. FY 2002 third quarter review, FY 2003 add-ons, and recommended mark-up package.
* Changes to the budget, intended cuts and revisions, will be decided by the Board of Supervisors at the budget “markup” session, 10 a.m. on Monday, April 22.
* The formal adoption of the budget will be at 10 a.m. on Monday, April 29, during the regular board meeting.
All meetings will be held at the Fairfax Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway in Fairfax.