The Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce honored several of its own, as well as a few community members at its annual awards gala Saturday, themed, "Beyond Limits."
The winners include:
* Ambassador of the Year, Sally Behnam of Design4Future;
* Volunteer of the Year, David Sinclair;
* Technology, Cascades Technologies;
* Community Service, Stuart Mendelsohn, former Dranesville supervisor;
* New Business, For Health & Balance;
* Small Office Home Office, Welcome Home;
* Mid-Size Business, Chick-fil-A at the Dulles Expo Center;
* Large Business, Reston Limousine Service;
* Chairman's Award, Doug Downer of HRI Associates;
* Business Citizen of the Year, Tom and Betsy Grein of The Observer Newspapers; and
* Educators of the Year, Alice Guppy from Herndon High School; Sue Bradshaw from Westfield High School; Clay Doubleday from the Chantilly Academy; and Barbara Gernat
from Mountain View Alternative High School.