Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Thursday, July 21, 2 p.m.
* Monday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 18, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Loudoun Chamber of Commerce will be holding the following events:
* Saturday, July 30, noon-6 p.m., Chamber Summerfest. The day will be filled with food, games, children's activities, music and more. Several Loudoun County-based charities will be on hand with interactive demonstrations. Free. Wal-Mart Sterling, 45415 Dulles Crossing Plaza, Sterling.
* Tuesday, Aug. 9, 8-9:30 a.m., State of Broadband Breakfast. Featuring the new director of broadband services for Loudoun County, Scott Bashore, and his vision on the expansion of the broadband infrastructure in the county. River Creek Country Club, 43800 Olympic Blvd., Leesburg.
Tickets $30 for chamber members, in advance; $35 for chamber members, at door; and $40 for nonchamber members. RSVP to email@example.com or call 703-777-2176.
* Sunday, Aug. 14, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Discover Loudoun by Limousine - A Scavenger Hunt. A day of fun as limo teams hunt for treasures in Loudoun County and beat the clock to the finish line, includes prizes to the winning limo team. Whitehall Manor, 18301 Whitehall Estate Lane, Bluemont.
Reserved individual seat in limo $100, nonmembers $125. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WomenÕs Healthcare Associates Inc. will be hosting an Open House Wednesday, Aug. 3, 5:30-7:30 p.m., 44055 Riverside Parkway, Suite 220, Lansdowne. Free to public. Chat with doctors and childbirth educator; check out the new laser hair removal services; Leesburg Pharmacy is doing free bone density screenings and body fat analysis and providing information on hormones; seated massage by a Massage Therapist. Door prizes and refreshments. Call to register at 703-858-3151.
Diamonds & Rust Enterprises Inc. in Aldie will hold a special raffle to benefit local real estate agent Haidee Adkins throughout August. All proceeds will be donated toward
Adkins' medical expenses for treatment of pancreatic cancer. Diamonds & Rust offers antiques and collectibles and various vintage finds.
Owner Marcia Hall will donate a free, fall weekend getaway at her Deep Creek Lake vacation home in the Maryland mountains, date to be determined with the winner, subject to availability. Raffle tickets may be purchased for $10 each at Diamonds & Rust any time from Aug. 1-31. No purchase is necessary, and the winner need not be present to win. Drawing date is Thursday, Sept. 1.
Dr. Theresa Melody, a doctor of podiatric medicine, has joined the Family Foot and Ankle Centers of Northern Virginia. Melody has been practicing in the Cumberland, Md., area for the past several years. Melody graduated from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine and completed a podiatric medical and surgical residency at Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital and Alliance Community Hospital in Canton, Ohio. Melody is a board qualified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association. She specializes in podiatric, geriatric care and reconstructive foot surgery with a sub-specialty in diabetic foot care. As a diabetic herself, she is keenly aware of the many problems that diabetics get and fully versed in all the new advanced techniques being offered today. Family Foot and Ankle Centers has offices located in Ashburn, Fairfax and McLean.