Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Friday, two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
The Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce announces it is seeking nominations for business awards in several categories. This is an opportunity for every business in the greater Dulles area to consider nominating a fellow business or one’s own for recognition at the chamber’s annual Awards Gala, which is scheduled for Sat. night, Feb. 4, at the Dulles Hilton.
Last year’s winners were New Business: The Chocolate Chick; Small Office/Home Office: Meals By Day; Mid-Sized Business: HRI Associates; Large Business: Inova Fair Oaks Hospital; and Business Citizens: Gary and Tiffany Blackden (For Health and Balance).
To obtain a nomination form, visit www.herndondulleschamber.org, Events page or call 571-323-5300. The deadline for returning applications is Friday, Nov. 18.
Send your nominations to Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 327, Herndon, VA 20172; or fax them to 703-787-8859.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Friday, Nov. 18, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce has the following upcoming events:
* Business Showcase Breakfast, Thursday, Nov. 10, 7:30-9 a.m., at Belmont Country Club, 19961 Belmont Manor Lane, Ashburn. Tickets $15 for members in advance, $20 for members at the door; $25 for nonmembers. Preregistration is required no later than Tuesday, Nov. 8, at 5 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com or call 703-777-2176.
* Small Business Awards Dinner, Monday, Nov. 14, 6 p.m., Lansdowne Resort, 44050 Woodridge Parkway, Lansdowne. Call for nominations, visit the Chamber Web site at www.loudounchamber.org and complete a nomination form or fax a form to Roxane Remley at 703-777-1392.
* After Hours Business Mixer, Thursday, Nov. 17, 5:30-7 p.m. The winner of the 2005 Bankers Cup will also be announced. Oatlands Plantation, 20850 Oatlands Plantation Lane, Leesburg. Tickets $5 chamber members, $10 nonmembers. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-777-2176.
* Holiday Celebration, Thursday, Dec. 1, 5:30-10 p.m. Shop Loudoun will feature an array of Loudoun business presenting their wares for a shop and carry experience. National Conference Center, 18980 Upper Belmont Pace, Lansdowne. Interested vendors, visit www.loudounchamber.org.
Small Business Resources, Wednesday, Dec. 16, 6 p.m., at Sterling Library, 120 Enterprise St. Learn about various small business resources available to the public both in print and online. A portion of the program will be devoted specifically to small business development in the ESL (English as a Second Language) and Hispanic communities. For adults. Advanced registration required, call 703-430-9500.