Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce has the following upcoming events:
* Expo 101, Monday, Aug. 29, noon. A free seminar that will help participants reach new customers more effectively at the upcoming Loudoun Expo 2005, that will be held at the Dulles Town Center Oct. 15. Loudoun County Chamber Offices, 101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 100, Leesburg. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, Aug. 25.
* Loudoun Chamber's Countywide Job Fair, Monday, Sept. 12, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. More than 50 employers will be at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott to meet with job applicants at all levels. Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, 45020 Aviation Drive, Dulles. Contact Lana Heaslip, executive director of membership at email@example.com or 703-777-2176, Ext. 2.
* 2005 Golf Classic, Monday, Sept. 19, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Event proceeds to benefit the chamber and Loudoun charities. Sponsorship and player opportunities still available. Belmont County Club, 19961 Belmont Manor Lane, Ashburn.
* Lunch & Learn, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. O'Faolains Irish Restaurant & Pub, 20921 Davenport Drive, Sterling. Per-person tickets: $15 member/$20 nonmember
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Loudoun Expo Trade Show, Saturday, Oct. 15, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., at the Dulles Town Center. Annual business-to-consumer trade show attracts more than 20,000 attendees. Display tables start at only $450, visit www.loudounchamber.org. Dulles Town Center, 21000 Dulles Town Circle, Dulles. Contact Roxane Remley at 703-777-2176, Ext. 25 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Small Business Awards Dinner, Monday, Nov. 14, 6 p.m., Lansdowne Resort, 44050 Woodridge Parkway, Lansdowne. Call for nominations, visit the Chamber Web site at www.loudounchamber.org and complete a nomination form or fax a form to Roxane Remley at 703-777-1392. All nominations are due by 5 p.m., Sept. 30.
* Holiday Celebration, Thursday, Dec. 1, 5:30-10 p.m. Shop Loudoun will feature an array of Loudoun business presenting their wares for a shop and carry experience. National Conference Center, 18980 Upper Belmont Pace, Lansdowne. Interested vendors, visit www.loudounchamber.org and complete a registration form
The Loudoun Women Business Forum will take place Sept. 1, noon, at ZeffirelliÕs Restaurant, Leesburg. Speaker is Kerstin Haefele-Gordon on the topic of What the Small Business Development Center has to offer. Open to the public. $15, includes lunch. Call 703-728-8900.
Dr. Theresa Melody, a doctor of podiatric medicine, has joined the Family Foot and Ankle Centers of Northern Virginia. Melody has been practicing in the Cumberland, Md., area for the past several years. Melody graduated from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine and completed a podiatric medical and surgical residency at Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital and Alliance Community Hospital in Canton, Ohio. Melody is a board qualified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association. She specializes in podiatric, geriatric care and reconstructive foot surgery with a sub-specialty in diabetic foot care. As a diabetic herself, she is keenly aware of the many problems that diabetics get and fully versed in all the new advanced techniques being offered today. Family Foot and Ankle Centers has offices located in Ashburn, Fairfax and McLean.
Poulin Chiropractic opened an office in Ashburn/Lansdowne July 6. The new office is located off Route 7, near the Lansdowne Hospital at 9415 Deerfield Ave., Suite 210, Lansdowne. The new office will allow Poulin Chiropractic to better serve back and neck pain with easy accessibility and abundant parking.
Image Matters LLC, a systems engineering and software development company, has relocated its headquarters to an expanded facility at 201 Loudoun St., S.W., Leesburg. Image Matters LLC, a privately held company, provides information technology services for a wide range of commercial and government clients.
AVWashington, a division of Avitecture Inc., completed the design and installation of the state-of-the art multimedia systems at the New Yad Vashem Holocaust History Museum in Jerusalem, Israel.
Inaugurated in a solemn ceremony attended by hundreds of heads of state, government officials, intellectuals, Nobel prize winners and dignitaries from 40 nations, the new museum opened March 15. As many as 10,000 visitors a day have toured the museum. Avitecture Inc. worked under a direct contract with Yad Vashem and teamed with BARKAI Benny Brookstein Ltd.
Avitecture Inc. is located in Sterling; and is an audio-video systems integrator with design, installation and support capabilities.
Inova Loudoun Hospital and Women's Healthcare Associates were selected as sites for the filming of two upcoming medical educational films. Both sites were chosen after they were identified as state-of-the-art obstetrical facilities that exemplify extraordinary nursing services, obstetrical practices, and staff. Pearson Education, an education publisher, is producing the films.
Nurses at Inova Loudoun served as actors for the upcoming film that will demonstrate newborn infant reflexes. The second film will feature various medical careers and will include various health professionals also employed at Loudoun Hospital. The medical films will be used to educate nurses and other health-care professionals throughout the United States. They are also distributed with the Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women's Health Care textbook, which is distributed throughout the world and has been translated into several other languages.
In the first Vietnamese presidential delegation in 30 years, Reston Limousine Service Inc., located in Sterling, was the provider of transportation service to the Embassy of Vietnam. RLS was working under the highest level of security they had ever encountered, with drivers hand-picked for the assignment. The delegation consisted of more than 200 people who arrived in Washington in a private Boeing 777. The company provided transportation around the Washington, D.C., area and arranged for transportation in other states during the six-day visit to the U.S.
Nichole Towers, resident of Ashburn, announces the opening of two additional Kinderdance educational dance and fitness centers at the Christian Fellowship School, Beaumeade Circle, Ashburn and Montessori ChildrenÕs House of Loudoun, West Church Road, Sterling.
Towers is now teaching more than 61 students in a total of 10 different authorized Kinderdance centers. Towers completed her training less than a year ago at Kinderdance corporate offices in Melbourne, Fla., and since then has been offering the Kinderdance programs in the counties of Fairfax and Loudoun.
Dunlap, Grubb, Weaver & Whitbeck, P.C., a law firm based in Leesburg, announces three new attorneys have joined the firm, Vincent Amberly as a partner, and Jennifer Cisneros and Lindsay Hendrix, both as associates. The firm has offices in Leesburg, Reston and Winchester.
Kwasi Koranteng, owner of Wings Restaurant, announces a new partnership with former Washington Redskins Art Monk, Charles Mann and Darrell Green to promote Wings through a variety of events. Wings is located at 46839 Maple Leaf Place, unit 187, Sterling.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Monday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 18, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designer Joe Ruggiero introduced his designs at the showroom of Norwalk-The Furniture Idea at the Dulles Town Crossing Shopping Center Aug. 12. Store owners, Barbara and Sonny Wolfe, and their sons, Joe and Larry Wolfe, hosted the event. The Wolfes brought Ruggiero to the area to furnish a sitting room for Linda Liggett of Leesburg, who won a national design contest sponsored by Norwalk Furniture.