Celebrate new life at Wellspring Church this Easter Sunday. There will be special music and communion with the risen Christ. Wellspring worships at 10 a.m. at Centreville Firehouse #17, 5856 Old Centreville Road. Sunday School classes for children meet during the worship hour, followed by a fellowship hour with fair trade coffee and treats.
On Thursday, April 13, Wellspring remembers Jesus’ last meal with his disciples, with a special Taize service of readings, music, and healing prayers. Worship will be at 7:30 a.m. at Centreville Firehouse #17.
Wellspring is thoughtful, prayerful, justice-seeking, and Open and Affirming to seekers of all backgrounds. Wellspring is part of the "God is still speaking" movement in the United Church of Christ. Call Pastor Jeremy McLeod at 703-257-4111, or check the Web site at Wellspringucc.org.
Shepherd Gate Church Easter Services:
* Maundy Thursday Service will be held April 13 at 7:30 a.m.
* Good Friday Service will be held April 14 at 7:30 a.m.
* Resurrection Sunday Services will be held April 16 at 8 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Breakfast will be served from 9:15-10:15 a.m.
Visit www.shepherdgate.org or call 703-961-1041. Located at 4310 Pleasant Valley Road in Chantilly.
Mount Olive Baptist Church activities:
* A Maundy Thursday Service, will be held on Thursday, April 13 at 7 p.m.
* A Good Friday Service will be held on Friday, April 14 at 7 p.m. at the First Mount Olive Baptist Church, 216 Loudoun St., S.W., Leesburg, with the Rev. Eugene Johnson, pastor, officiating. Call 703-830-8769.
* An Easter Sunrise Service", Sunday, April 16 at 6 a.m. Mount Olive Baptist Church, Rev Eugene Johnson, Pastor. Call 703-830-8769. Venue: 6600 Old Centreville Road, Centreville.
* A Pastor's Anniversary, Sunday, April 23, Mount Olive Baptist Church, 6600 Old Centreville Rd, Centreville.
* 8 a.m. Service Guest Preacher: Rev. Herman Nelson, pastor of Shiloh Baptist Church, Middleburg.
* 10:45 a.m. Service Guest Preacher: Bishop Wilfret Johnson, pastor of Oakville Missionary Baptist Church in Oakville, Louisiana.
Mount Olive Baptist Church is at 6600 Old Centreville Road, Centreville, Rev Eugene Johnson, Pastor. Call 703-830-8769.
St. John’s Episcopal Church welcomes the community to the following services and events for Holy Week and Easter:
* Maundy Thursday – Maundy Thursday Liturgy, April 13, 12 p.m.
* Seder Supper with Temple Beth Torah, April 13, 6-9 p.m. (advanced registration is required)
* Good Friday – Good Friday Liturgy, April 14, 12 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
* Holy Saturday – Easter Egg Hunt, April 15, 11 a.m.
* Easter Eve - The Great Vigil of Easter, April 15, 8 p.m.
* Easter Sunday – Festival Eucharist: Rite I, 8 a.m., Festival Eucharist: Rite II, 10:30 a.m.
Call the parish office at 703-803-7500, or visit the Web site at www.stjohnscentreville.org. St. John’s Episcopal Church is located at 5649 Mount Gilead Road in Centreville’s Historic District.
Celebrate Holy Week this Easter Season at Ox Hill Baptist Church. A time to reflect on Christ's sacrifice made for all people will be observed with communion on Maundy Thursday, April 13, at 7:30 p.m.
On Easter Sunday, April 16, the Resurrection of Christ will be celebrated at a 7 a.m. Sunrise Service and at the regular morning worship services, 9:40 a.m. and 11 a.m.. Worship the risen Christ through music and the Word.
The church is located at 4101 Elmwood Road., Chantilly. Call 703-378-5555. Directions are available at www.oxhillbaptist.org.
Pleasant Valley United Methodist Church is holding Lent and Easter activities that are open to the public. The church is located at 43987 John Mosby Highway, Chantilly. Go to www.pleasantvalleyumc.net or call 703-327-4461.
* Good Friday — Images of The Passion 7:30 p.m.
* April 16 — Easter Sunday: 8 a.m. — Sonrise, 9 a.m. — Breakfast (Fellowship Hall), 10 a.m. — Sunday School, 11 a.m. — Resurrection Celebration.
The Eggs-treme Family Festival will be held on Saturday, April 15 from 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Bull Run Elementary School in Centreville. There will be free food , games, prizes, candy, moonbounces and other inflatables, popcorn, entertainment and 10,000 eggs. Three egg hunts will be held during the day at 12 p.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Call 703-580-5226.
The free Easter Eggstravaganza at Jubilee Christian Center is rescheduled to Saturday, April 15, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., at 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. The event will feature helicopter drops of marshmallows (with prizes), egg treasure hunt (with prizes), moon bounces, gospel illusionist, snacks, and an appearance by "Mr. and Mrs. Bunny." Bring your baskets or bags for collecting the marshmallows and eggs. Call 703-383-1170, or visit the church Web site: www.jccag.org.
St. John's Episcopal Church is having an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 15, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Children of all ages are invited. There will also be egg-dying, a scavenger hunt, and a moon bounce. Refreshments will be served. St. John's is located on Mt. Gilead Road in Centreville, just two blocks from the intersection of Route 29 and Braddock Road. Call 703-803-7500.
The Northern Virginia Orthodox Mission will hold Holy Week Services at the Compton Village Community Center, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville:
* Palm Sunday, April 16 at 9:30 a.m.
* Good Friday, April 21 at 8 p.m. (Confession: 7-8 p.m.)
* Pascha (Easter), April 22 at 8 p.m. (Confession: 7-8 p.m.)
An Agape meal will be held after the Easter service. We will resume our regular Sunday schedule the week after Easter, Matins (modified) at 9 a.m. and Divine Liturgy at 9:30 a.m. at the Compton Village Community Center. Go to www.nvorthodox.org or contact Father Tom Palke at email@example.com or at 703-631-1077.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in the heart of Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation offers the Northern Virginia Jewish community services that provide numerous spiritual, educational, support and social opportunities, including religious school for member children age 3 through Bar/Bat Mitzvah and confirmation. Call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
Upcoming services and events:
* Thursday April 13 — 6 – 9 p.m. Community Passover Seder with St. John's Episcopal Church. In the parish hall.
* Sunday, April 16 — No religious school.
* Friday, April 21 — 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Yom Hashoah Holocaust. remembrance service in the chapel.
* Saturday, April 22 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel.
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Sunday, April 23 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School in Goddard School.
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Judaism 101 in Goddard School.
* Friday, April 28 — 6:30– 7:30 p.m. Fourth-grade dinner.
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, April 29 — 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel.
10:30 – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Sunday, April 30 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
Sunday, May 7 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
* Friday, May 12 — 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, May 13 — 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Shabbat service as Kiersten Farell becomes a Bat Mitzvah in the parish hall.
* Sunday, May 14 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Judaism 101 at Goddard School.
* Friday, May 19 — 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Teacher Appreciation service in the chapel.
* Saturday, May 20 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel.
10:30 a.m.– 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
Sunday, May 21 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. TBT Annual Meeting at Goddard School.
Sunday, May 28 — No religious school.
* Friday, June 2 — 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Shavout/Confirmation Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, June 3 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service: In the chapel
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
Centreville Community Bible Church will hold a special Easter Celebration on Sunday, April 16, at 10:30 a.m. at Deer Park Elementary School. The service will involve all ages, with music, Scripture and an inspiring message to Celebrate the Risen Savior. Visit www.ccbc-va.com.
Christ the Redeemer Church invites all families with children 12 and under to their Family Easter Festival and Bike Drawing from 9:15-10:15 a.m. Sunday, April 16, in the gym at Centreville Elementary School. Easter morning will include carnival games and prizes, a dramatic presentation of the Easter story by the youth, and a free drawing for two children's bikes. Visitors are invited to stay for Easter worship celebration at 10:15 in the cafeteria of the school. Call 703-502-1732.
The Community Baptist Church of Chantilly will hold an Easter Cantata entitled "Amazing Grace" on Sunday, April 16 at 10 a.m. The program will consist of beautiful music with moving narrations. Everyone is invited to attend. Free. Contact Pastor Mike Aylestock at 703-968-8871.
Congregation Yad Shalom, located in Centreville provides a variety of programs in a traditional format with a modern flair.
* Ask about the K - 2 Hebrew school for the children. New format and new classes continue for the spring semester.
* Join in a Friday night Shabbat service with Cantor Zucker on April 28 at 8 p.m. at Little Rocky Run Community Center # 3.
* Join in a special Shabbat dinner and Friday night service with Cantor Zucker on May 12 at 7 p.m. at Little Rocky Run Community Center #
Contact Jon Sunray at 703-378-1463, or visit the Web site at www.yadshalom.com.
A Community Clothing GiveAway will be held at Centreville Baptist Church, on Saturday, April 29 from 8-11 a.m. Centreville Baptist is located at 15100 Lee Highway, Centreville. Contact the church at 703-830-3333.
The Asaph Ensemble will be performing at Centreville High School on Sunday, May 7 at 4 p.m. The proceeds from their performance will go to benefit the World Vision International aide programs around the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
The concert will open with choreography to Leonard Bernstein’s overture to “Candide.” Also on the program is the unique and contemporary “Octet” to the music of Igor Stravinsky. Not only do the dancers recite the different scriptures in the various versions and translations, but each scripture is then interpreted through dance to Rutter’s poignant six movement suite. It is wonderful to see how God has “worked all things together for good” through this ballet.
Body & Soul Fitness offers a blend of cardio, strength training, Pilates, core strengthening, and flexibility rolled into a unique package. Set to contemporary Christian music, find a program that will work both body and soul. New class being held in Chantilly at Shepherd Gate Church on Pleasant Valley Road on Mondays/Thursdays 9:30-11 a.m. and Saturdays 7:30-9 a.m. Space is limited. Call Cindy at 703-542-6617.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation welcomes all members of the community to attend any of the services or events. Call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
Jubilee Christian Center is offering free English classes as a second language during its Sunday School time, 10:10-10:50 a.m., on Sundays, at 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. 703-383-1170.
Cedar Run Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church. It meets for Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. at Waples Mill Elementary off Waples Mill Road in the Fair Oaks area. There's a Promiseland children's ministry for newborns through sixth-graders, as well as a dynamic, safe place for teens at the student ministry meeting during the Sunday service. Call 703-968-7312 or visit www.cedarrun.net.
Capital Worship Center will hold weekly worship services at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays, and Bible study and worship services on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. at Centre Ridge Elementary School, 14400 New Braddock Road, Centreville. Also offered at this time will be youth services, children's fellowship and a nursery. Call 703-530-8100.
Christ the Redeemer Episcopal Church holds a contemporary worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. at Centreville Elementary School in Centreville. Sunday school and a nursery are provided on Sundays. Visit www.connectwithctr.com. or call 703-502-1732.
New Hope Fellowship currently meets at 10:50 a.m. at the Greenbriar Community Center each Sunday. The center is located at 4615 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly. Call 703-591-2948.
Community Care Groups at New Life Christian Church
The following are ongoing support groups which meet at Westfield High School on Sunday mornings or as indicated. Contact Community Care Minister Ron Furgerson at 703-266-0118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Food Freedom — A Celebrate Recovery Support Group. This group uses a proven Biblical approach to promote healing from compulsive eating problems. The group meets at Westfield High School at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. Child Care is provided.
* Help for Hurts, Habits, and Hang-Ups — A Celebrate Recovery Group. This group uses the 12-step approach coupled with the teachings of Jesus to help overcome or cope with all types of addictions, compulsions and life problems. The group meets at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
* Dealing with Divorce — A Divorce Care Support Group. This is a video-based seminar group for people who are separated or divorced. The group is a place to receive sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and to cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. The group meets at 11 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
Healthy Boundaries — Getting Control of Your Life. The group helps the over-stressed, over-worked and over-committed to gain control of their lives through developing healthy, balanced relationships. The group meets at 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at 13777 Laurel Rock Drive; Clifton.
Beth Moore Bible study series “Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit” will be offered for women Thursday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 5114 Twinbrook Road, Fairfax. Workbooks are $15. Call 703-323-9500 or visit www.lordoflifelutheran.com.
Adults, single or married, are invited to join Saint Andrew Lutheran Church's Adult Fellowship team. Church is located at 14640 Soucy Place, Centreville. E-mail Pam Gehle at Gehles4@yahoo.com or Linda Schwarz at Linda.Schwarz@cox.net with any new ideas or interest in planning or hosting an event.
The Activity Center at Saint Andrew Lutheran Church is every Sunday after the 11 a.m. Service's Children's Sermon. Children ages 3-7 go to the preschool area while parents listen to the sermon without interruption from little ones. Adult volunteers who are scheduled about once every two to three months are needed. Church is located at 14640 Soucy Place, Centreville. Call Kathy Uffelman at 703-830-2768 with questions or to volunteer.
New Life Christian Church is forming a new Grief Share Group for persons who are experiencing the hurt associated with loss of a loved one. The group meets for 12 sessions using a video-based discussion format and is effective in helping survivors deal with the issues faced by persons going through a period of grief. Contact Leslie Delp at 703-815-6274.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meets at Centreville Baptist Church on alternate Friday mornings. Do you think spaghetti is a finger food? Write your grocery list in crayon? Come join other moms for encouragement and support. Contact Centreville Baptist Church at 703-830-3333 or visit www.cbcva.org
Northern Virginia Orthodox Mission meets each Sunday for Divine Liturgy at 9 a.m. at Compton Village, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. All services are in English. All are welcome. Additional information can be found at the Web site: www.nvorthodox.org or by calling Tammy at 703-426-8719.
New Life Christian Church is once again offering two Divorce Care Groups, one meeting on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High School (child care provided) and one home group which meets on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. Both are video-based seminar groups for people who are experiencing difficulty with their separation or divorce. The groups provide sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. Groups are free. Contact Jon Williams at 703-505-4525 or Deeanne Rampey at 703-266-8357.
YAWEH (You Are Welcome Here) will be held on the first Sunday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for a Christian discussion group reinforcing God's love for the GLBTQ community (and the people who love them.) The discussion is led by Pastor Sandi John and Minister of Music Dean Jenkins. The gathering is an informal time of worship, instruction and fellowship. Call the church office at 703-471-5225, e-mail Pastor@WashingtonPlazaChurch.com and/or see the Web site at www.WashingtonPlazaChurch.com for directions. The church is located at 1615 Washington Plaza, Reston.
Shepherd Gate Church is now offering two services: 9 and 10:45 a.m. The church is located at 4310 Pleasant Valley Road, Chantilly. Visit www.shepherdgate.org or call 703-961-1040.
Unity Life Center of Chantilly holds Sunday services and youth education at 10 a.m. with the Revs. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster and Don Foster. The church is located at 14088-C Sullyfield Circle, Chantilly. Call 703-263-7645 or visit www.unitylife.org.
St. John's Episcopal Church offers the following: Sunday Eucharist services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. A nursery for children up to age 3 is available. Opportunities for adult, youth and child enrichment are offered. On Wednesdays, a Eucharist and Healing Service is held at 9:15 a.m. Call 703-803-7500 or visit www.stjohnscentreville.org, or e-mail email@example.com. The church is located at 5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville.