<b>Nominations for Community Service Award by Friday </b>
The 25th Annual Reston Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Celebration Planning Committee is accepting nominations for the 2009 Community Service Awards to be presented on Monday, Jan. 18.
In keeping with this year's theme "Are We Keeping the Promise?" the celebration will present three awards to recognize members of the community for their significant efforts in the past year that upheld the legacy of King and improved the lives of others. The three Award categories are youth, adult (older than 21), and a Greater Reston business or organization.
* Frequently works for or contributes to the community to support tolerance and equal opportunities for people in all aspects of education, employment, and community participation;
* Frequently works for organizations or contributes to efforts that reduce poverty;
* Frequently works to promote non-violence in conflict resolution;
* Performs acts or makes contributions to benefit those in need with positive and long-term impacts;
* Serves the community without concern or desire for award or recognition.
The following categories are considered ineligible for the award: elected officials holding federal, state or county office; schools or congregations as single entities; posthumous nominations.
Nomination forms are available on Reston Community Center's Web site, www.restoncommunitycenter.com. Applications may also be requested by calling 703-476-4500. Any questions regarding eligibility or the nomination process should be directed to the Reston MLK Day Planning Committee c/o Kevin Danaher, Community Events Director, at the Reston Community Center, 703-390-6161, or via e-mail to: Kevin.Danaher@fairfaxcounty.gov.
<b>Chipotle Opens in Reston Town Center </b>
Chipotle’s newest burrito eatery opened to the public at 11913 Freedom Drive at Fountain Dive in Reston Town Center. The eatery is wheelchair accessible, with seating for 36 inside and four outdoors, hot music and cool atmosphere. Fax and online order pick up window. For fax forms or to order on-line, go to www.chipotle.com.
Major. credit cards accepted.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) offers a focused menu of burritos, tacos, burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla) and salads made from fresh, high-quality raw ingredients, prepared using classic cooking methods and served in a distinctive atmosphere. For more information, visit www.chipotle.com.
The restaurant is open daily, from 11 a.m.-10 p.m.