Awards for Chamber Excellence (ACE) recipients.
On Thursday, June 22, the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce hosted its Annual Meeting and Awards for Chamber Excellence (ACE) Luncheon. During the luncheon the Chamber recognized companies and individuals who demonstrated excellence, industry innovation and Chamber support throughout the year.
The Chamber also recognized member milestone anniversaries, installed its new board members and heard from Mike Clarke, who shared how the Chamber supported him while he was launching Access National Bank. Chairman, Charles Kapur, Vice President, Access National Bank is continuing as Chairman for a second term. Kapur spoke of the accomplishments of the past year, including a successful B2G Matchmaking Conference, large member retention numbers and continued growth and spoke of his goals for the coming year as being a leading chamber in innovation and technology.
Supervisor Pat Herrity (R-Springfield) administered the oath of office to incoming and second term Board members, including: Matt Brennan, Brennan & Waite, PLC; Mike Coogan, Leidos; Michael Delpierre, Conversion Pipeline; Kevin Kretsch, Hyatt Regency Reston; John Dierdorff, Reston Hospital Center; Mike Franz, SOSi; Bruce Gemmill, John Marshall Bank; Leila Gordon, Reston Community Center; Kelly McSweeney, Google; Maggie Parker, Comstock; Laura Siko, Northern Virginia Community College; Mark Watts, CST Group CPA’s, PC.
Each year, through the ACE presentation, the Chamber recognizes outstanding businesses, volunteers and committees that are leaders in their industry and make the Reston Chamber a successful place to do business. The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce has presented the winners of this year’s Awards for Chamber Excellence:
• Committee of the Year: Ambassadors Committee
• Small Business of the Year: Pinot’s Palette - Reston
• Medium Business of the Year: Not Your Average Joe’s - Reston
• Large Business of the Year: Leidos
• Member of the Year: Kevin Taylor, Communicate By Design
• New Member of the Year: Jennifer Rhodes, Tagence
• Volunteer of the Year: Dave and JoAnne Adams, Dave & JoAnne Adams Group – Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
• President’s Award: Michael Delpierre, Conversion Pipeline
• Pinnacle Award: Angela Inzerillo, Impact Business Solutions
The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is the catalyst for business growth and entrepreneurship by providing quality programs, education, connections and advocacy for members and organizations in Western Fairfax and the Dulles Corridor. Learn more at www.RestonChamber.org.