Make a plan to vote in the Fairfax County Democratic primary by June 11. Otherwise count yourself out. Most of the path for the future of governance in Fairfax County will be decided when the votes are counted that day.
All polling places will be open on June 11, polls are open from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m.
At least four members of the 10-member Board of Supervisors will be new. The chairman will be new, although possibly a former district member.
The two at-large vacancies in the county have the power to change the political and social climate of the county, and to set priorities for reform. Every ballot in Fairfax County will have at least these two races for the Democratic primary, and it is so important to turn out and vote for them:
- Commonwealth's Attorney
- Chairman, Board of Supervisors
Races that will be on the ballot depending on location:
- Member Virginia Senate, 31st, 33rd or 35th Districts
- Member House of Delegates, 38th or 49th Districts
- Member Board of Supervisors, Braddock District
- Member Board of Supervisors, Hunter Mill District
- Member Board of Supervisors, Lee District
- Member Board of Supervisors, Providence District
Sample ballots can be seen at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/upcoming.
You can vote absentee in person at the Fairfax County Government Center until June 8.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday June 1, June 8, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Satellite locations listed are open one day only, Saturday, June 8, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Franconia Governmental Center
- Herndon Fortnightly Library
- Lorton Library
- Mason Governmental Center
- McLean Governmental Center
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center
- North County Governmental Center
- Providence Community Center
- Sully Governmental Center
- West Springfield Governmental Center
UPCOMING VOTER PHOTO ID EVENTS
- The Office of Elections is open during normal business hours to provide the opportunity to register to vote or obtain a free voter photo ID if needed.
12000 Government Center Parkway Suite 323
Fairfax, VA 22035
- Sherwood Regional Library
June 1, July 6, Aug. 3, Sept. 7, and Oct. 5
10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
2501 Sherwood Hall Lane
Alexandria, VA 22306