Here are some of Alexandria’s best outdoor dining spots:
* Waterfront Wow Factor: Let the Potomac River breeze ease you into the weekend at BARCA Pier & Wine Bar and Ada’s on the River, or raise a glass in the midst of the buzzing waterfront at Vola’s Dockside Grill (check out Vola’s Spring Oyster Festival this Saturday, April 2).
* Riverside Lounges: Gather your crew on the cozy couches outside Blackwall Hitch, or indulge in a seafood-infused brunch at Hummingbird.
* Beloved Backyards and Patios: Check out community favorites with creative al fresco spaces, including The Front Porch and The Back Yard at regionally acclaimed Evening Star Café. Explore the beer garden or Lena’s Oasis outside Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap or Virtue Feed & Grain’s laid-back patio.
* Street-side People Watching: Be transported to a French bistro outside Fontaine or watch the world go by on King Street at The Warehouse, Landini Brothers and Vaso’s Mediterranean Grill.
* High-Level Hideaways: Order a cocktail (or mocktail) from Café 44’s terrace bar with the Potomac River as your backdrop, or feel on top of the world at Daniel O’Connell’s second floor patio above bustling lower King Street.
* Buzzing Courtyards: King & Rye’s Cocktail Garden returns April 21 with stellar cocktails and a summer music series, while Sonoma Cellar and Taverna Cretekou offer cozy courtyards strung with twinkle lights to sip and savor.
* Casual Beer Gardens: Gather for happy hour at Augie’s expansive beer garden, take the whole family to The Garden Del Ray or bring your four-legged friends to Hops N Shine’s backyard in Arlandria.* Peaceful Parklets: Grab a seat at Cheesetique’s spacious “meadow” for a decadent grilled cheese or charcuterie board, or head to parklets in Carlyle to enjoy Tequila & Taco or Sweet Fire Donna’s.More information on the top spots to dine outside in Alexandria: The Best of Outdoor Dining in Alexandria, VA https://blog.visitalexandriava.com/outdoor-dining/