The City of Alexandria residents have early voting options for the Nov. 7 General Election. All registered voters in Virginia are eligible to vote by mail or in person.
The Nov. 7 general election ballot includes a contest for the Virginia House of Delegates and Virginia Senate
The deadline to vote early is Saturday, Nov. 4, at 5 p.m.
Early voting hours are offered at the following locations and times:
Office of Voter Registration and Elections (132 N. Royal St., Suite 100)
• Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Additional and Extended Hours:
• Saturday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 29, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 30, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 31, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 2, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Charles E. Beatley Jr. Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
• Opens for early voting on Friday, Oct. 27
• Friday, Oct. 27, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 28, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 29, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 30, 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 31, 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1, 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 2, 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 3, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
VOTING BY MAIL
Applications to request a mail-in ballot must be received in the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 27. Access an application in one of the following ways:
• By visiting vote.elections.virginia.gov to submit an application online.
• By downloading the application available on the City’s Elections webpage.
• By calling Voter Registration & Elections at 703.746.4050 to request that an application is mailed to you.
Completed ballots must be either returned to the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 7, or postmarked by Nov. 7 and received in the office by noon on Monday, Nov. 13. To vote in person, an application is not required. Applications should not be submitted before voting in person.
BALLOT DROP BOXES
Ballot drop boxes will be available at all polling places on Nov. 7, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. A secure outdoor drop box, under video surveillance, is available in front of the Office of Voter Registration & Elections, 24 hours a day, through Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. Additionally, a ballot drop box will be available at the same dates and times listed above for in-person voting at Beatley Library.
ELECTION DAY VOTING
If you vote on Election Day, Nov. 7, you must do so at your designated polling place. On Election Day, polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Confirm your voting location and your registration at vote.elections.virginia.gov before you go. You may also call the Office of Voter Registration & Elections at 703.746.4050.
• For Nov. 7, note the following change to polling places:
• The South Port Apartments Precinct will vote at the Tucker School (435 Ferdinand Day Drive.)
SAME DAY REGISTRATION
If you missed the normal registration period that ended on Oct. 16, Same Day Registration is available to you. To register and vote on the same day, you must be in the correct locality and at the correct polling location. You will be issued a provisional ballot and you will cast your vote on this provisional ballot. This is a ballot that will not be scanned and will not be reflected in the “unofficial” results on election night, but once it is verified that these are properly cast Same Day Registration provisional votes, they will be included in the “official” vote tally for the election. If you have questions about the Same Day Registration process, please contact us at voters@alexandriaVA.gov or 703-746-4050
Visit alexandriava.gov/Elections for complete election information, including voter registration requirements, sample ballots, precinct maps and ID requirements.