The Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District's goal is to protect the county's streams and natural resources. Because the NVSWCD is not a regulatory agency, its mission is primarily to educate the public, which it does through volunteer programs and newsletters. A five-member board runs the agency. Three of the board members are elected at large and two are appointed.
This year's candidates for the board are:
* Dewey Bond (incumbent), endorsed by the Republican Party
* Greg Evans (incumbent), endorsed by the Republican Party
* Sally Ormsby (incumbent), endorsed by the Democratic Party
* David Bulova, endorsed by the Democratic Party
* Jeremy Good, representing the Green Party