Chantilly Bible Church, 4390 Pleasant Valley Road, will hold its annual Chantilly Western Roundup on Saturday, Oct. 21, from 3-7:30 p.m. Featuring illusionist Drew Worsham. Fun for the entire family: climbing wall, jousting, shooting gallery, moonbounce, apple pie and chili contests, hot dogs, funnel cakes, arcade games, live music, square dance. The event is free. Call the church at 703-263-1188 or go online to www.chantillybible.org.
Congregation Yad Shalom, located in Centreville, provides a variety of programs in a traditional format with a modern flair. It invites inquiries about participation in these activities by the local community.
* Ask about the K–2 Hebrew school for the children. New format and new classes are being scheduled for the fall semester.
* Join in the children’s service on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 9 a.m., followed by a service with Cantor Zucker at 10 a.m. at Little Rocky Run Community Center #3 (near Centreville High School).
* Join in a special dinner on Friday, Nov. 3, starting at 6:30 p.m., followed by a Shabbat service with Cantor Zucker at 8 p.m. at Little Rocky Community Center # 3.
* The children will love the Torah and Tales service on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 9 a.m. at Little Rocky Run Community Center # 3. Cantor Zucker will lead the congregation with a service following the Shalom Jewish Children event, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Community Center.
Contact the Congregation at 703-579-6079, or visit the Web site at www.yadshalom.com.
The St. Veronica Catholic Church, 3460 Centreville Road, Chantilly, Adult Choir is hosting a HymnFest on Sunday, Oct. 22 at 2:30 p.m. The event will begin with a selection of choral works. Then, the choir and congregation will join together in singing hymns selected at random by the congregation from the missalette. Refreshments will follow in the parish hall.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in the heart of Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation offers the Northern Virginia Jewish community services that provide numerous spiritual, educational, support and social opportunities including religious school for member children age 3 through Bar/Bat Mitzvah and confirmation. The congregation welcomes all members of the community to attend any of the services or events. Call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School. 1 p.m. Fannie Mae Homeless Mini Walk: Goddard School.
* Friday, Oct. 27 — 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Shabbat Service: In the chapel.
* Saturday, Oct. 28 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. — Family Shabbat Service: In the chapel.
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service: In the chapel.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School
Sisterhood Girls Night Out: Expectations: Time TBA.
News from Centreville Presbyterian Church, 15450 Lee Highway, Centreville. Call 703-830-0098.
* Parenting Tweens, with Dr. Larry Kennedy, Sunday, Oct. 22 from 7-8:30 p.m. What is a Tween? A Tween is someone between 8 and 12 years old.
* Daniel, A Beth Moore Bible Study for Women, Wednesday mornings, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
* Planet Adventure, Evening youth group for 4th and 5th graders. Second and fourth Wednesdays from 6:30-8 p.m.
* CrossRoads, Middle School youth group (6th-8th grade) Friday evenings, 7-8:30 p.m. Come enjoy an evening designed for you and your friends. Delicious food, games and active worship fill the evening of fun.
* Walk Thru the Bible New Testament Seminar, Saturday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* Visit the CPC Web site www.centrevillepres.com or call the church office at 703-830-0098.
Lord of Life Lutheran Church will host a Walk Thru the Old Testament Seminar Saturday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Children and adults will enjoy learning more about the stories of faith in scripture. Call 703-323-9500 or visit www.lordoflifelutheran.com.
St. Andrew Lutheran Church, Centreville invites the public to the Friendship Sunday Celebration on Oct. 29 at services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Invite a friend, co-worker, relative, or relative to come to church with you. Contact the church office at 703-830-2768 or http://www.saintandrewlc.org. St. Andrew Lutheran Church is located at the corner of Braddock Road and Cranoke Street.
Centreville United Methodist Church is hosting a community-wide Fall Festival for children of all ages on Sunday, Oct. 29, in its new Recreation & Outreach Center. Parents should accompany their children. Free fun, food, and prizes. Children are encouraged to come in costumes. Fun, crafts, and games begin at 3 p.m.; dinner at 5 p.m. The church is located at 6400 Old Centreville Road, Centreville.
Crafters needed for Centreville United Methodist Women's Annual Craft Fair and Bazaar on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The Church is located at New Braddock and Route 28. Proceeds go to local, state and national missions. Contact Cynthia Coleman via the church at 703-830-2684.
This November, the Jewish Learning Institute will launch "You Be the Judge," an innovative introduction to the Talmud, the primary text of Jewish Law. No prior knowledge of the Talmud and no formal legal training is necessary. There are no prerequisites other than an open mind. "You Be the Judge" presents real cases brought before "Beit Din," the court system of Jewish Law. Students will have the opportunity to question, discuss, and argue, based on principle and precedent. The series will be offered in Fairfax, Alexandria, and Tysons corner. In Fairfax, it will be presented on six Monday evenings, beginning Nov. 6. The cost is $75, includes textbooks; $135/couple. It will be held at the Chabad Community Campus, 3939 Prince William Drive. For more information, or to reserve a spot, contact the Jewish Learning Institute at 703-426-1980, or by email: email@example.com More information is also available online at www.Chabadva.org.
His Kingdom Ministries is having eight Sundays of powerful Revival Services through Nov. 12 at 5 p.m. at 2707 Dewitt Ave., Alexandria. Call 703-313-5029 or 703-329-1594.
The 26th Annual St. Timothy School Fall Craft Fair is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 18 at 13809 Poplar Tree Road, Chantilly. Come for an Early Bird Sneak Preview from 7:30-9 a.m. to capture all the best buys. $3 entry fee. There will be over 140 crafters from the Mid-Atlantic area who will be selling their hand-crafted items during the fair. There will also be a Gourmet Bake Sale, a Coffee Bar, and a Crafter Raffle featuring a grand prize drawing of Tea for Two at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. There is space for a few more crafters; contact Kelly Schmank at 703-222-3823 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Raphael Orthodox Church, formally the Antiochian Orthodox Mission of Northern Virginia, meets each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for Divine Liturgy at the Compton Village Community Center, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. Visit www.straphaelva.org contact Father Tom Palke via email email@example.com or telephone 703-303-3047.
New Life Christian Church is once again launching a Divorce Care Group which will meet on Sunday mornings at 9:30 at Westfield High School (child care provided). Divorce Care is a video-based seminar group for people who are experiencing difficulty with their separation or divorce. The group provides sound information about ways to heal from the hurt, and cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. Contact Ron Furgerson at 703-860-3324 or 703-963-1314.
Centreville United Methodist is hosting DivorceCare, which meets Thursdays from 7-9 p.m. at Centreville UMC. DivorceCare is a 13-week Christ-centered divorce recovery program which walks participants through the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of someone going through separation and divorce. Cost is $15. Open to the community.
St. Raphael Orthodox Church, formerly the Antiochian Orthodox Mission of Northern Virginia, meets each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for Divine Liturgy at the Compton Village Community Center, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. Visit www.straphaelva.org or contact Father Tom Palke via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 703-303-3047.
Jubilee Christian Center is offering free English as a second language classes during its Sunday School time, 10:10-10:50 a.m., on Sundays, at 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. 703-383-1170.
Cedar Run Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church. It meets for Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. at Waples Mill Elementary off Waples Mill Road in the Fair Oaks area. There's a Promiseland children's ministry for newborns through sixth graders, as well as a dynamic, safe place for teens at the student ministry meeting during the Sunday service. Call 703-968-7312 or visit www.cedarrun.net.
Capital Worship Center will hold weekly worship services at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays, and Bible study and worship services on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. at Centre Ridge Elementary School, 14400 New Braddock Road, Centreville. Also offered at this time will be youth services, children's fellowship and a nursery. Call 703-530-8100.
Christ the Redeemer Episcopal Church holds a contemporary worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. at Centreville Elementary School in Centreville. Sunday school and a nursery are provided on Sundays. Visit www.connectwithctr.com. or call 703-502-1732.
New Hope Fellowship currently meets at 10:50 a.m. at the Greenbriar Community Center each Sunday. The center is located at 4615 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly. Call 703-591-2948.
* Community Care Groups at New Life Christian Church.
The following are support groups that meet at Westfield High School on Sunday mornings or as indicated. Contact Community Care Minister Ron Furgerson at 703-266-0118 or email@example.com.
* Food Freedom — A Celebrate Recovery Support Group. This group uses a proven Biblical approach to promote healing from compulsive eating problems. The group meets at Westfield High School at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. Child Care is provided.
* Help for Hurts, Habits, and Hang-Ups — A Celebrate Recovery Group. This group uses the 12-step approach coupled with the teachings of Jesus to help overcome or cope with all types of addictions, compulsions and life problems. The group meets at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
* Dealing with Divorce — A Divorce Care Support Group. This is a video-based seminar group for people who are separated or divorced. The group is a place to receive sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and to cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. The group meets at 11 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
* Healthy Boundaries — Getting Control of Your Life. The group helps the over-stressed, over-worked and over-committed to gain control of their lives through developing healthy, balanced relationships. The group meets at 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at 13777 Laurel Rock Drive, Clifton.
Beth Moore Bible study series "Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit" will be offered for women Thursday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 5114 Twinbrook Road, Fairfax. Workbooks are $15. Call 703-323-9500 or visit www.lordoflifelutheran.com.
New Life Christian Church is forming a new Grief Share Group for persons who are experiencing the hurt associated with loss of a loved one. The group meets for 12 sessions using a video-based discussion format and is effective in helping survivors deal with the issues faced by persons going through a period of grief. Contact Leslie Delp at 703-815-6274.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meets at Centreville Baptist Church on alternate Friday mornings. Do you think spaghetti is a finger food? Write your grocery list in crayon? Come join other moms for encouragement and support. Contact Centreville Baptist Church at 703-830-3333 or visit www.cbcva.org
Northern Virginia Orthodox Mission meets each Sunday for Divine Liturgy at 9 a.m. at Compton Village, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. All services are in English. All are welcome. Additional information can be found at the web site: www.nvorthodox.org or by calling Tammy at 703-426-8719.
New Life Christian Church is once again offering two Divorce Care Groups, one meeting on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High School (child care provided) and one home group which meets on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. Both are video-based seminar groups for people who are experiencing difficulty with their separation or divorce. The groups provide sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. Groups are free. Contact Jon Williams at 703-505-4525 or Deeanne Rampey at 703-266-8357.
YAWEH (You Are Welcome Here) will be held on the first Sunday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for a Christian discussion group reinforcing God's love for the GLBTQ community (and the people who love them.) The discussion is led by Pastor Sandi John and Minister of Music Dean Jenkins. The gathering is an informal time of worship, instruction and fellowship. Call the church office at 703-471-5225, e-mail Pastor@WashingtonPlazaChurch.com and/or see the Web site at www.WashingtonPlazaChurch.com for directions. The church is located at 1615 Washington Plaza, Reston.
Shepherd Gate Church is now offering two services: 9 and 10:45 a.m. The church is located at 4310 Pleasant Valley Road, Chantilly. Visit www.shepherdgate.org or call 703-961-1040.
Unity Life Center of Chantilly holds Sunday services and youth education at 10 a.m. with the Revs. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster and Don Foster. The church is located at 14088-C Sullyfield Circle, Chantilly. Call 703-263-7645 or visit www.unitylife.org.
St. John's Episcopal Church offers the following: Sunday Eucharist services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. A nursery for children up to age 3 is available. Opportunities for adult, youth and child enrichment are offered. On Wednesdays, a Eucharist and Healing Service is held at 9:15 a.m. Call 703-803-7500 or visit www.stjohnscentreville.org, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The church is located at 5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville.
Centreville Assembly of God holds services on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. and a 10:30 a.m. Morin service at 14281 Lee Highway in Centreville. The church also provides transportation for its services. Call 703-307-6179.