Thousands of visitors and residents enjoyed the annual Taste of Arlington in Ballston on Sunday afternoon, May 18.
Photo by Louise Krafft.
Arlington Thousands of residents and visitors strolled up and down Wilson Boulevard on Sunday, May 18, enjoying samples of food and beverages offered by 46 local restaurants and 13 breweries at the annual Taste of Arlington in Ballston Commons.
The annual event benefits the Arlington Food Assistance Center. Participating restaurants included: The Bottlehouse, Laurel, Red and Blue, Casita, The Daily Dish, Bombazo, The Pearl, The Ballston Chophouse, Kool Zone Ice and Treats, Tropical Smoothie, Tara Temple, Mac’s Donuts, Northside Social, Capriotti’s, Lyon Hall, Mussel Bar & Grille, Liberty Tavern, Naked Pizza, Thirsty Bernie, McCormick & Schmick’s, Gua-rapo, Commonwealth Joe, The Green Spoon, Toby’s Homemade Ice Cream, Legal Sea Foods, Epic Smokehouse, RedRocks Pizzeria, The Melting Pot, NiceCream Factory, Circa, Willow, Which Wich, The Front Page, P.F. Chang’s, Nando’s Peri Peri, La Tasca, Il Forno, Taco Bamba, Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza, World of Beer, Fuego Cocina y Tequileria, Kapnos Taverna, Big Buns, Sangam Catering International, A-Town Bar & Grill and the Lebanese Taverna. Breweries included: Port City Brewing Company, Old Bust Head Brewing Company, Corona Light, Flying Dog Brewery, Pacifico Clara, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Modelo Especial, Ithaca Beer Company – Flower Power IPA, Heritage Brewing, Foothills Craft Brews, Sweet Water Brewing Company, Starr Hill and Bold Rock Hard Cider.
Winners of the 2014 Taste of Arlington:
- Best Appetizer: Circa with Cobb Lettuce Wraps (Chicken salad, candied bacon, hard cooked egg, smoked blue cheese, and avocado puree)
- BluePoint Oyster with a Cucumber Relish Mignonett
- Best Entrée: The Green Spoon with Kofte meatballs with homemade tzatziki sauce, spiced kale and chickpeas
- Best Dessert: Kool Zone Ice & Treats with Deep battered cookie with coconut powder sugar and a honey chocolate sauce on top
- Restaurant Challenge Finalists: Victor Albisu- Bombazo and Christiana Campos – Casita
The finalists will battle it out in a cook- off on June 4 in the Restaurant Space they are competing for: more information on this can be found at http://www.ballstonbid.com/restaurant-challenge. Tickets will go on sale this week.
- Fan Favorite - Kristen Robinson - Laurel. Taste of Arlington Patrons voted for their Restaurant Challenge Favorite using the BallstonConnect mobile app.