* SHARE of McLean is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff that has been helping people for more than 50 years. SHARE is supported by donations from local religious congregations, community organizations and individuals. The food and clothing room is housed in space donated by the McLean Baptist Church. Programs, year round and seasonal, include family emergency financial assistance, food pantry, used clothing room, recycled furniture, back-to-school supplies and refurbished laptop computers. During the holidays, SHARE also provides neighbors in need with grocery cards and gifts.
Main Message Center: (703) 229-1414 email@example.com
DONORS--HOW TO HELP
* Gift cards for clients can now be purchased at McLean Giant front desk. Giant or Target cards are available. Share also accepts Walmart cards bought at other locations.
* Donations can be dropped off with a Share volunteer on Wednesday and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. - 12 noon. Donations can also be placed in the outside storage bin located next to the side entrance of McLean Baptist Church at any time. Our volunteers are not continuously present at the Mclean Baptist Church to accept deliveries for Share but they do empty the sheds daily. For large donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop off time.
* Gift cards for clients can now be purchased at McLean Giant front desk. Giant or Target cards are available. Share also accepts Walmart cards bought at other locations. Donors can donate money online by credit card, PayPal or by mailing a check. Share volunteers will purchase what is most needed and available. Click here to go to DONATE page.
* Gift cards for clients can now be purchased at McLean Giant front desk. Giant or Target cards are available. Share also accepts Walmart cards bought at other locations. Purchase Share's most needed items at My Registry. Deliveries are sent directly to a safe location where they are loaded into a Share food truck. https://www.myregistry.com/organization/share-of-mclean-mclean-va/2380279/giftlist
SHARE’s CLOTHING and LINEN ROOM is co-located with the Share food pantry in the McLean Baptist Church. Share accepts donations of seasonal clothing, shoes and household linens and provides them free to Share neighbors.
* Clothing donations are sorted by volunteers by size and gender and shoppers are allowed to take what they need.
* We ask that you only donate clothes in-season (i.e. shorts in the summer, coats in the winter) as we do not have much storage space in the clothing room.
* We need volunteers to help manage the clothing rooms every Wednesday and Saturday. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a volunteer interest form. https://www.shareofmclean.org/
* One of the most effective ways to collect needed clothing and linens for Share is to hold a drive at your school, business, community or religious organization. Middle and High School students can receive community service hour credits for organizing a drive.
Most Needed Clothing
Fall/Winter Clothing – (through March 31)
* Winter coats, gloves, hats, sweaters, polar fleeces, sweatshirts, boots, scarves.
* New adult and children’s t-shirts, underwear, pajamas, active wear
* Infant wear, trendy but appropriate pre-teen and teen clothing
* Men’s pants, shirts and shoes
* Men’s and Women’s clothing in XL, XXL, Plus sizes, etc.