Del. Paul Krizek visits DMV Connect at the Sherwood Regional Library.
In 2017, I successfully pushed for the establishment of the Sherwood Regional Library as a regular Mobile DMV location once every month. DMV Connect and the DMV2Go program serves Virginians who may not be able to travel to a DMV office. These services are aimed to bring the DMV to busy Virginians at times and locations which are more convenient to them. Prior to the Sherwood Regional Library location, 44th District residents would only have had the option to travel to either the Eisenhower Avenue or the Lorton DMV locations in order to access DMV services. The new service at the Sherwood Regional Library is also much more accessible to senior citizens, residents without cars, and for those that feel more comfortable speaking Spanish. Also, this year the DMV Connect will be open to the public at the Hollin Hall Senior Center.
I stopped in to visit the DMV Connect office at the library last week to see how their operation is set up. I was thrilled to learn that they are often busy throughout the day and that residents are utilizing the service to its fullest extent. The DMV employees on duty told us that the busiest times are in the morning, with residents lining up prior to the opening time. According to them, the best time to receive prompt service is in the afternoon. Below are the dates the two different DMV services will be in the 44th district through the end of the year.
DMV2GO provides all DMV transactions including vital records and testing. The hours of operation at the Sherwood Regional Library are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The mobile van will be parked in the parking lot at this location but is unfortunately not handicap accessible.
- Sherwood Regional Library - May 23
- Sherwood Regional Library - July 25
- Sherwood Regional Library - Sept. 19
- Sherwood Regional Library - Nov. 5
DMV Connect provides all DMV transactions except vital records and testing. The hours of operation at the Hollin Hall Senior Center are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sherwood Regional Library in the Conference Room.
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - April 29-30
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - May 28
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - June 24-25
- Sherwood Regional Library - June 26
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - July 29-30
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - Aug. 26-27
- Sherwood Regional Library - Aug. 28
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - Sept. 23-24
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - Oct. 28-29
- Sherwood Regional Library - Oct. 30
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - Nov. 25-26
- Sherwood Regional Library - Dec. 18
- Hollin Hall Senior Center - Dec. 30
Below are the services provided by the mobile offices. The vital records and testing services are only available at the DMV2Go location at Sherwood Hall Library.
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges. This can be done in conjunction with applying for a new Real ID, which will allow for compliance with new federal regulations for domestic air travel.
- Apply for a Veteran ID card.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Apply for certified copies of Virginia vital records, including birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates.
- Get fishing and hunting licenses.
- Update your mailing address, voter registration address, and organ donor status.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN)/password to set up an online myDMV account.
- Purchase an E-ZPass transponder.
It’s my honor and pleasure to serve you as Delegate. Please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com for any questions and concerns related to these services or any other issues.