To have an item listed free in The Potomac Almanac, send mail to 10220 River Road, Suite 303, Potomac, MD 20854, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Thursday at noon for the following week’s paper. Photos encouraged. Unless otherwise noted, all events are in Potomac. If you have any questions, call Rebecca Halik at 703-917-6476.
Long & Foster Realtors host seminars on "A Career in Real Estate," which will address the questions of people who have often thought of going into business for themselves in real estate but do not know how to investigate the "pros and cons." Free and reservations encouraged.
* Wednesday, July 19: 6 p.m. at Bethesda Avenue Office, 4733 Bethesda Ave., (Street Level), Bethesda. Contact Scott Mattingly 240-497-1702 to register.
* Thursday, July 20: 6 p.m. at Potomac Village Office, 9812 Falls Road, Potomac. Contact Ned Rich 301-765-5100 to register.
The award winners of the various Long & Foster office's for May are:
* Ana Contreras of the Bethesda office was named the top individual producer and lister with a sales volume of $2,475,000; Maria Aubel named the top individual seller; The Trip Holbrook Team named the top team producer and lister with a sales volume of $2,256,900; The Marty Signore Team named the top team seller; The Hans Wydler Group named the top group producer, lister and seller with a sales volume of $7,020,500; and Trip Holbrook named the agent with the most new listings.
* Chana Sky of the Bethesda Avenue office was named the top producer and seller with a sales volume of $8,793,999; and Meg Finn was the top lister and the agent with the most new listings.
* Michael Cohen of the Bethesda/Chevy Chase office was the top producer with a sales volume of $1,165,000; Scott Harper and Christa Hodge were the top sellers; and Christa Hodge was the agent with the most new listings.
* Melinda Estridge of the Bethesda Gateway office was the top producer with a sales volume of $7,048,000; and Brad Rozansky was the top lister, seller and the agent with the most new listings.
* Denise Szczur of the North Bethesda/Rockville office, was the top producer with a sales volume of $5,353,000.
* Leslie Friedson of the Potomac/Cabin John office, was the top producer and seller with a sales volume of $2,520,950; Dianna Gottron was the top lister; and Elaine Koch was the agent with the most new listings.
* Krystyna Litwin of the Potomac Village office was the top producer with a sales volume of $6,002,000; and Michael Matese was the top lister and the agent with the most new listings.
Mary Rey Girardi was honored for 25 years of service at the Potomac Weichert Realtor's office.
Roger Johnson was honored for 25 years of service at the Rockville/White Flint Office Weichert Realtor's office.
Nancy Sturgill was honored for 25 years of service at the Bethesday/Chevy Chase Weichert Realtor's office.
Stephanie Swart was honored for 25 years of service at the Gaithersburg/North Potomac Weichert Realtor's office.
Tom Armentrout was honored for 30 years of service at the Gaithersburg/Montgomery Village Weichert Realtor's office.
Helen Griffiths of the Potomac Village Office of Weichert, Realtors is a 2005 inductee into the Weichert Hall of Fame. She was officially honored at the Capital Region Annual Service Awards Luncheon at the McLean Hilton. Griffiths received an elegant statue and one dozen yellow roses in honor of her induction this year. A top producer in her office for many years, she earned membership in the Chairman of the Board Club and President's Gold Club last year. Griffiths is known for helping her clients best stage their homes for sale, which results in successful transactions. She is at Weichert's Potomac Village Office, 301-718-4080, located at 10230 River Rd.
Susann Haskins is the 2006 Realtor of the Year. A realtor for 20 years, Susann has spent her career expanding her knowledge through education, involvement in the association and hard work in her business. As GCAAR’s President in 2005, Susann launched the association’s Community Service Committee and the GCAAR Cares initiative. Taking Susann’s inspiration and drive for success, GCAAR Cares raised over $40,000 for Tsunami Relief efforts, over $14,000 for Katrina Relief and participated in a number of community service activities last year, including Rebuilding Together, the Fannie Mae Walkathon, Adopt-An-Apartment and Barrel of Books collection for literacy programs. In addition to her work on the Board of Directors and Community Service, Susann has participated in a wide variety of GCAAR committees including Contract & Clause, Professional Development, Realtor Political Action Committee and Public Policy. Susann has earned four designations in her career: Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR); Certified Buyer Representative (CBR); Certified Residential Specialist (CRS); and Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI); and is an active member of the national and state chapters of CRS. She is co-manager of Long & Foster’s Potomac/Cabin John Office and was a member of Long & Foster’s "Founder’s Club" for agents with annual sales of $10 - $20 million from 2002 - 2004.