0
Votes

A Tax Day Protest at Springfield Metro

David McCracken of Oak Hill hands out literature to passengers debarking from the Springfield/Franconia Metro.

David McCracken of Oak Hill hands out literature to passengers debarking from the Springfield/Franconia Metro. Photo by Louise Krafft.

photo

West Springfield resident Peter Campbell holds signs and hands out literature at the Springfield Metro on Tuesday afternoon. Campbell, a retired psychiatrist acknowledges that he is in the 1 percent of the population which pay at a far lower tax rate than the other 99 percent of the population and would be happy to pay more if the tax law is changed.

Half dozen Northern Virginia activists handed out literature to riders on the Springfield Metro on Tax Day, April 17. The activists, part of the Northern Virginia MoveOn joined the National MoveOn and its allies in a countrywide day of grass roots action "Tax The 1%." The protesters are asking for fairness, that Congress reform the system that allows the 1 percent and corporations to pay at a tax rate less than the 99 percent of the American taxpayers. For more information visit www.MoveOnFairfax.org