Gretchen Bulova, director of the Gadsby Tavern Museum and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum, accepts a grant for both museums from Historic Alexandria Foundation president Dr. Morgan Delaney at the annual meeting and garden party on Sunday afternoon.
Photo by Louise Krafft.
Alexandria The Historic Alexandria Foundation held its annual meeting and garden party on Sunday afternoon, June 9, in the garden of Sally Murray. Historic house plaques were given to Miguel and Patricia Estrada of 1105 Prince St. and to Lynn Rogerson of 121 Duke St. The Athenaeum, Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum and the Lee-Fendall were all awarded grants for upcoming preservation projects at the various sites.
Special recognition was made of recent preservation projects both commercial and residential. Noe and Franco Landini just completed an extensive restoration of the exterior walls of the Fish Market and Pop’s Ice Cream in the 100 block of King Street. Rob Kaufman was recognized and awarded for the complete interior and exterior restoration of the 1914 theatre in the 800 block of King Street and Barbara and Errol deMontille were acknowledged for their extension renovation and restoration of 227 South Fairfax Street home.