Neighbors and vendors alike thoroughly enjoyed a beautiful winter season in the warm protection of the Great Falls Grange Hall. With warm apple cider, hot empanadas, artisan bakery, raw vegan, green-house, tunnel and field grown veggies and lots of music on stage, we now all share some very warm memories of a very cold and unforgiving winter.
As we moved outside to the parking lot next to Wells Fargo Bank at 778 Walker Road this past Saturday, we prepared once again to brave the many surprises of nature to bring amazing produce, prepared foods, artisan creations, and gardening expertise to our community.
Our experience at the Grange has only fortified our realization that a farmers market is an experience of personal relationships. Great Falls and its surrounding neighbors form a community of highly discerning shoppers who are served by a circle of vendors who are growing, cultivating, producing or making what they truly love.
Here are some tips on how to enjoy the farmers market:
- Enjoy a snack while listening to the music;
- Bring re-useable bags with plenty of room;
- Decide on your priorities – whether sustainable farming, minimal pesticides, or organic;
- Consider adding some fermented and vegan elements to your diet;
- Ask questions, as well as recipes and tip;
- Let your social graces shine through gifts and cards that are a one-of-a-kind, handmade, artisan creations.